When it comes to marketing your business, you need to have a way that people can remember you so that when they need your specific services, they know just where to go. You can be one of those businesses who has a catchy jingle that plays on TV or the radio but these can be expensive. Outdoor signage for your business is one of the most important choices you can make for your brick and mortar. There have been several surveys including this one by FedEx Office and this one by the University of Cincinnati that say how important it is to have business signage.
- 8 out of 10 consumers have said they will visit a store they haven’t been into before based solely on their sign.
- 75 percent of people will tell a friend or family member about your business based on your signage.
- 60 percent of consumers said a lack of signage deters them from entering a building.
- Also, 50 percent of responders say poor signage (misspellings, poor quality, etc) deters them from shopping at that business.
- 60 percent of businesses say changing the look of their business sign has resulted in more sales and profits by about 10 percent.
- 38 percent of large companies believes the most important purpose of signage is branding/image while most small businesses believe the most important reason to have signage is for marketing and location purposes.
- Both consumers and businesses believe legibility is the most important characteristic when it comes to their business sign.
While other marketing tactics can be helpful getting customers in the door, they are much more expensive than a good looking, custom sign from Commonwealth Sign Company.