Why Work At Commonwealth?
We make custom sign products. The work is not repetitious or boring; each day is different and each project presents new challenges. No two projects are exactly alike.
Salespeople discover client needs and desires, designers come up with ideas which turn into jobs, fabricators make the signs, painters decorate the pieces, assemblers put it all together, installers put it up and service people keep it lit. Support staff and management keep it all going.
Most of our signs are installed within a 90 mile radius of Louisville. We can see them daily and they are a source of pride to all who work here.
The quality and creativity of our products has a direct and measurable impact on the success of our customers. Our product is legal, ethical, safe, environmentally friendly and benefits others.
The company has an experienced and knowledgable staff. Many also have experience working at other sign companies.
This is very much a team atmosphere.
Management is aggressive but does not set unrealisitc expectations. There is no politics or favorites played in the company. Everybody is treated fairly and with respect. Your performance is noted and you are paid accordingly.
The company is safety conscious. No one is ever asked to do something unsafe or that they are not trained to do.
Pay rates are rates are competitive with other sign companies. Individual pay rates are set based on experience and then adjusted each anniversary date based on performance.
This is stable, full time work. The normal plant workweek is Monday through Friday from 7 am – 3:30 pm. Office hours are normally 8 am – 5 pm Monday through Friday. Overtime is available for those who want it and occasionally mandatory to meet customer needs when we are very busy.
- Health Insurance with the cost shared by the company
- Life Insurance coverage
- 401K plan with a discretionary company match.
- Eligibility for the insurance and 401(k) plans is on the first of the month after 90 days of employment
- 6 Paid Holidays per year.
- 5 to 20 days of paid vacation each year depending on experience and tenure.
- Company sponsored flu shots.
- Sales commissions for ALL employees who bring in business.
Additional Benefits for Salespeople
- No upper limit on income.
- A superior quality product that is in high demand.
- An excellent design department.
- A quick and responsive estimating department.
- Competitive prices.
- A good company reputation with many references.
- Fabrication and Install personnel that can deliver what you promise.
- No geographical limits – we sell nationwide.